Rocking Horse Retreat is an owner managed 57 acre recreational farm with live animals, fresh garden vegetables, fruit trees, and a large pond for your perfect country get away. The location is convenient just off main highway 290 connecting Houston and Austin, close to JW’s steakhouse, and only 9 miles from Round Top square on 237, or about 22 miles to downtown Brenham on 290.
We have recently completed updating and refurnishing all our cabins to increase comfort of our guests. Besides outfitting with new shower (in Main Log Cabin only) and water treatment (all cabins), all cabins now have standard DirectTV and wireless internet. All cabins have received new beddings and some upgraded with flatscreen and leather furniture.
Come visit us any time of the year! In the Spring, the visitors come to the country for memorable blue bonnets family photos or for the world famous Round Top Antique Fair. Summer and Fall are filled with Shakespeare at Winedale, Festival Hill performances, and ending with Fall Antique Fair. All throughout the year, visitors come to our retreat to spend holidays, small country getaway, or plan their weddings. We are also close to Lake Summerville State Park where you can go boating and hiking during the day and retire to our comfortable cabins at night.
- Main Log Cabin – master loft (king bed) and downstairs bedroom (queen bed) with 1 bath
- Kalina’s Kottage – master bedroom (king bed) and 2nd bedroom (queen bed) with 2 baths
- Texas Room – 1 queen size bed with 1 bath
- Arizona Room – 2 queen size beds with 1 bath
The following amenities are available to all guests of Rocking Horse Retreat.
- Direct TV and wireless internet
- Microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator
- Water softener treatment
- Access to washer and dryer
- Rocking chairs and swings
- Pond picnic area
- Fishing (catch and release please)
- Fresh organic vegetables and eggs (pending availability and upon request)